Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect Home Address in Maps in macOS Monterey or in iOS either

I am unable to change my home address in Maps in iOS 15 or in macOS Monterey either. I have updated it in my contact card: this does not work; I have removed both from my contact card: this does not work either; and in Maps itself, the edit button next to the address does not work. Additionally, the home icon no longer displays in Maps as it did with the wrong address. anyone help?

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 11:58 AM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 11:58 AM in response to ADiazS

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Mar 31, 2022 11:37 AM in response to OldToad

I did boot into Safe Mode, but the problem persist. I don't get it, this happens only on Maps.

I removed the old home address from Contacts then add the new address; the old one disappears and the new one stays in Contacts but it is not updated in Maps. There (in Maps) remains the old address and the Home icon has disappeared from Favorites, there is no way to change it.

I try to edit the location of the old address via "Report a problem", but it doesn't worked either.

Is there a way to reset just Maps to factory default? Uninstall it and reinstall is not an option as far as I know, and I don't want to go as far as to reinstall the entire MacOS.

Incorrect Home Address in Maps in macOS Monterey or in iOS either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.