Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

universal control

hi I can't use the universal control why is that

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 5:28 PM

Are you trying to use Universal Control between two Macs (one with a keyboard & mouse or trackpad, one without)? Or between a Mac (with a keyboard & mouse) and an iPad?

Have you made sure that all the requirements in the related Apple Support article have been met:

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

On the Mac (with the keyboard & mouse), and with both systems "awake" (i.e., not sleeping) if you go into System Preferences -> Displays, do you see the other system, as something you can Link keyboard & mouse to? If not, can you at least see it as something you can Mirror or extend to (which would be for Sidecar instead of Universal Control)?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 5:28 PM in response to helin147

Are you trying to use Universal Control between two Macs (one with a keyboard & mouse or trackpad, one without)? Or between a Mac (with a keyboard & mouse) and an iPad?

Have you made sure that all the requirements in the related Apple Support article have been met:

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

On the Mac (with the keyboard & mouse), and with both systems "awake" (i.e., not sleeping) if you go into System Preferences -> Displays, do you see the other system, as something you can Link keyboard & mouse to? If not, can you at least see it as something you can Mirror or extend to (which would be for Sidecar instead of Universal Control)?

universal control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.