Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catch 22 - trying to download Apple Configurator with Business ID on MacBook Air

We have a bunch of Ipads that i want to manage by Intune via Apple Configurator. I set up a business account and purchased a used MacBook air to install Apple Configurator on.

Problem is that I cannot log into the Apple store to download Apple Configurator with a Business ID. I cannot assign the Apple Configurator app to the MacBook Air from within Apple Business Manager/Intune because the MacBook Air is not enrolled. Cannot enroll without Apple Configurator.

Do I really have to create a personal Apple ID so that I can download Apple Configurator so that I can enroll these Ipads? Seems I shouldn't have to create a personal account to get this going. I feel like I am missing something.

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 6:51 AM

Possibly. If you purchased from a reseller that supports ABM/ADE/DEP, they may be able to retroactively add the device to ABM for you. Otherwise, you'll need to use Configurator.

Similar questions

3 replies

Catch 22 - trying to download Apple Configurator with Business ID on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.