Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID recovery without old phone number

How do I set up a new iPhone on my old iCloud without the old phone number? Everything I am being sent to still requires the old phone number, so dear god, please don't give me another link to enter the old phone number. I don't know it!

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 5:51 PM

If you do not have any other trusted phone numbers other than the old one, are not signed into that same Apple ID on another apple device, and do not have any account recovery contacts….. then the only thing that you can do is go into account recovery. You can do it from the device or you can go to iforgot.apple.com and you will have to type in your Apple ID then the OLD phone number because that is the phone number associated with your Apple ID.

if it wants to send you a code look lower and yih will see in blue, didn’t receive code then it will give more options. Choose no access. Then it will move on to sending a code via email and then more verification prompts. Once done you will have to wait 24 hours. After that you will know how much longer you will be in account recovery.

only way to get out is to have the ability to receive the verification code. If that’s not possible then you have to wait it out.

since it’s a new device you can create a new Apple ID to use temporarily while your main Apple ID is in account recovery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 5:51 PM in response to SmashyJr

If you do not have any other trusted phone numbers other than the old one, are not signed into that same Apple ID on another apple device, and do not have any account recovery contacts….. then the only thing that you can do is go into account recovery. You can do it from the device or you can go to iforgot.apple.com and you will have to type in your Apple ID then the OLD phone number because that is the phone number associated with your Apple ID.

if it wants to send you a code look lower and yih will see in blue, didn’t receive code then it will give more options. Choose no access. Then it will move on to sending a code via email and then more verification prompts. Once done you will have to wait 24 hours. After that you will know how much longer you will be in account recovery.

only way to get out is to have the ability to receive the verification code. If that’s not possible then you have to wait it out.

since it’s a new device you can create a new Apple ID to use temporarily while your main Apple ID is in account recovery.

Apple ID recovery without old phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.