Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a word template i wish to change the backgound image which is locked. how do i delete/change to my new image bleed background?

I opened a emailed Word file in PAGES and it has a full bleed background image (created in .AI) which is locked.

I wish to replace/correct the bconversion Wordackground image and use as a Pages/Word template. Is it possible to unlock/delete?

How do I do this please?

Powerbook

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 8:12 AM

Depending on what version of Pages you are using, visit the Arrange menu and select {Section Layouts, Section Masters} > {Make Layout Objects Selectable, Make Master Objects Selectable}. This should then present grips on that background image, and you should be able to remove it by choosing delete. If the grips are x symbols, then you would need to visit the bottom of the Arrange panel and choose Unlock before removing the image.

You can place a new image for the background in the Pages document, and while selected, you can alter its opacity in the style tab, and then from the Arrange menu again, you choose {Section Layouts, Section Masters} > {Move Objects to Section Layout, Move Objects to Section Master}. This places the image below the text layer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 8:12 AM in response to dicky_9847

Depending on what version of Pages you are using, visit the Arrange menu and select {Section Layouts, Section Masters} > {Make Layout Objects Selectable, Make Master Objects Selectable}. This should then present grips on that background image, and you should be able to remove it by choosing delete. If the grips are x symbols, then you would need to visit the bottom of the Arrange panel and choose Unlock before removing the image.

You can place a new image for the background in the Pages document, and while selected, you can alter its opacity in the style tab, and then from the Arrange menu again, you choose {Section Layouts, Section Masters} > {Move Objects to Section Layout, Move Objects to Section Master}. This places the image below the text layer.

i have a word template i wish to change the backgound image which is locked. how do i delete/change to my new image bleed background?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.