Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream

Why has my photo stream stopped working? I have a new MacBook Pro Version 12.2.1 (Monterey OS) and an iPhone 12 Pro Max (15.4). I do not store my whole photo library on the cloud. I am have plenty of space in my iCloud for what I do. I had my PhotoStream set up so that any photo I take on my phone with show up automatically in my PhotoStream in photos. Mid March it just quit working. Talked to 2 Apple people at the local Apple store...and they really were of no help....I actually knew more then they did. Did Apple delete PhotoStream recently.....or do I need to do something new in my settings to make it work again.

Thank YOU. :) Any advice would be great. annazaha

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 1:27 PM

annazaha wrote:

Why has my photo stream stopped working? I have a new MacBook Pro Version 12.2.1 (Monterey OS) and an iPhone 12 Pro Max (15.4). I do not store my whole photo library on the cloud. I am have plenty of space in my iCloud for what I do. I had my PhotoStream set up so that any photo I take on my phone with show up automatically in my PhotoStream in photos. Mid March it just quit working. Talked to 2 Apple people at the local Apple store...and they really were of no help....I actually knew more then they did. Did Apple delete PhotoStream recently.....or do I need to do something new in my settings to make it work again.

If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 1:27 PM in response to annazaha

annazaha wrote:

If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

Apr 4, 2022 1:28 AM in response to Mishy72

IOS 15.4 changed the behavior of MyPhotoStream.

Previously any HEIC Photos you have taken with the iPhone Camera have automatically been converted to JPEGs. This is now no longer happening automatically, and MyPhoto.Stream cannot transfer HEIC. So you either have to convert the HEIC Photos yourself or change the Settings >Camera > Formats to Most Compatible. Then the photos will be taken in the Jpeg format and My PhotoStream can again transfer new photos. But you will need twice as much storage on the iPhone.

Apr 3, 2022 7:05 PM in response to annazaha

I am having the same problem - in mid March or so photos just suddenly STOPPED transferring to the Photo Stream on my iPhone 12. I have read the articles, turned everything off and on again, rebooted the phone, turned off the WiFi and turned it back on, deleted the Photo Stream and tried to start over,.... but now my photo Stream has just 39 random photos from the past month or so despite the fact that I've taken over 100. Its just stuck and won't accept any more photos!!! HELP!!!!!

Apr 10, 2022 1:29 PM in response to léonie

YES Thank YOU SOSOSO Much Leonie ! I am the one who initiated this question, after both my IT support and 2 sales reps at the Apple Store had no idea.....they really knew nothing ....which kind of speaks to the challenge of technology changing much faster then everyone can keep up with. I did not expect my time in the Apple Store trying to get an answer would be so worthless. Wow ! Again, Huge Thank YOU. Anna Z

May 12, 2022 4:33 PM in response to léonie

I have to say, this did solve my problem for a month or so - but now its starting to act up again. In late April, I went on vacation to the beach and took over 70 photos - but only about 20 of them have moved over to My Photo Stream. No rhyme or reason, it seems like it just picked 20 random photos out of the 70. SO FRUSTRATING! Did they change something again?

Photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.