Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony a9 iI .ARW raw files not opening in ACDsee Photo Studio 8 for Mac. My Mac OS is Monterey 12.3

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? My older ACDsee Photo Studio 6 for Mac was working fine with my raw files until 4 days ago and that is why I upgraded to Photo Studio version 8 but the did not fix the problem.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 6:56 AM

You were right about a possible problem getting raw files from camera to Mac. Turns out only the raw files shot on one day a week ago were problematic and would not open in any program on my Mac. I went back to previous raw files and some shot today and no problem. Files must have somehow been corrupted even thought I transferred them the same way as usual. THANKS for pointing me in the right direction. MUCH appreciated! 👏😎

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 6:56 AM in response to dialabrain

You were right about a possible problem getting raw files from camera to Mac. Turns out only the raw files shot on one day a week ago were problematic and would not open in any program on my Mac. I went back to previous raw files and some shot today and no problem. Files must have somehow been corrupted even thought I transferred them the same way as usual. THANKS for pointing me in the right direction. MUCH appreciated! 👏😎

Mar 31, 2022 11:14 AM in response to donaldfromottawa

Update that product to build 8.0.2283 and see if things change. Their RAW file support is simply a link to Apple's Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey - Apple Support page. They have also released a line of 2022 designated applications.

I have no issue viewing RAW Sony A9 II images in Finder, Quick Look, or Preview on macOS 12.3, so I wonder if the vendor's update to 8.0.2283 resolves viewing this camera's images. You might want to contact them anyway.

Mar 31, 2022 11:48 AM in response to donaldfromottawa

Yes, I am bleary-eyed and overlooked that 8.1.* version. Contact ACDSee.com and get them to help you. As this camera's RAW format is supported on macOS Monterey, and I can open these sample images from DPReview without issue, I would say the issue is with the third-party application, or how you are getting them from the camera on to macOS.

Luminar is working correctly, either in how it accesses the Apple camera RAW library, or it has its own database that it is using.

Mar 31, 2022 12:06 PM in response to VikingOSX

VikingOSX wrote:

Yes, I am bleary-eyed and overlooked that 8.1.* version. Contact ACDSee.com and get them to help you. As this camera's RAW format is supported on macOS Monterey, and I can open these sample images from DPReview without issue, I would say the issue is with the third-party application, or how you are getting them from the camera on to macOS.

I can open them as well but where do you see the a9 II listed as supported? I don't see it on Apple's page nor in System Information under Raw Support.

Sony a9 iI .ARW raw files not opening in ACDsee Photo Studio 8 for Mac. My Mac OS is Monterey 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.