Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on exported audio file

Hello, I am working on a Garageband project and I'm trying to export the audio to my desktop. When I play the file, the audio cuts off around the 45 second mark. On garageband nothing weird happens at the 45 second mark, so I'm confused. Wav, aiff, and aac files all have this problem.

I've tried isolating single tracks and then exporting to see if any single track was causing a problem. But the problem still persists even on isolated tracks.

Verrrry occasionally the audio will cut out on garageband itself at the 45 second mark, but it seems random when it does that and I don't know how to recreate it.

I worked on this project yesterday and had no issues exporting the file. Does anyone have any advice to fix this? Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 12:34 PM

Ok I actually figured it out lol

Today I added a track to the beginning of the song that had a feedback plugin turned up pretty high. The track plays only for a few seconds before I mute it, but the feedback was still enabled. To fix, I disabled the feedback with automation when I was done needing it, and now the problem is fixed!

I hope this helps anyone in the future

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 12:34 PM in response to nate_ve

Ok I actually figured it out lol

Today I added a track to the beginning of the song that had a feedback plugin turned up pretty high. The track plays only for a few seconds before I mute it, but the feedback was still enabled. To fix, I disabled the feedback with automation when I was done needing it, and now the problem is fixed!

I hope this helps anyone in the future

No sound on exported audio file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.