Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the most recent update, my microphone doesn’t work at all

After the most recent update, my microphone doesn’t work at all. I can only call out when hooked up to Bluetooth. The wired headphones don’t work at all either (neither the microphone nor the headphones). Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 3:08 PM

First, 👉🏼 Follow this helpful guide.

If that didn’t work, try a Hard Reset:

1. Press volume up (quickly)
  2. Press volume down (quickly)
  3. Press and hold the power button until the Apple logo ( ) appears

If that didn’t work, it could be a hardware issue. ⚠️

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 3:08 PM in response to xXcfvdzfg

First, 👉🏼 Follow this helpful guide.

If that didn’t work, try a Hard Reset:

1. Press volume up (quickly)
  2. Press volume down (quickly)
  3. Press and hold the power button until the Apple logo ( ) appears

If that didn’t work, it could be a hardware issue. ⚠️

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

May 8, 2022 7:25 AM in response to mpolokeng904

I wound up trading in my 7 Plus for a 13. I hated to do it because other than the software glitch with the microphone, it was working perfectly fine. I opted for a 13 mini which has been a big adjustment size-wise, but the camera is amazing. I honestly thought of switching to Android because I'm so tired of having to replace a phone because of a software upgrade --that is how I wound up with the 7Plus! But, in the end, I decided to stick with Apple one more round. We'll see what happens when this one becomes obsolete because of a software upgrade. Hopefully Motorola will have a proven track record with their "new" flip-phone ... I loved my old Razor back in the day! :)

After the most recent update, my microphone doesn’t work at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.