Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know I’m calling with wifi

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 3:47 PM

From the support document you posted from: "If Wi-Fi Calling is available, you’ll see Wi-Fi after your carrier name in the status bar. Then your calls will use Wi-Fi Calling."

If the Wi-Fi label is not visible, try turning on Airplane mode for a a few seconds and turn on Wi-Fi. If available it should then show your carrier's name and the Wi-Fi label. If this is visible all calls placed will use Wi-Fi calling.

If the label does not show up, then Wi-Fi calling is not available.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 3:47 PM in response to michelefromwaldron

From the support document you posted from: "If Wi-Fi Calling is available, you’ll see Wi-Fi after your carrier name in the status bar. Then your calls will use Wi-Fi Calling."

If the Wi-Fi label is not visible, try turning on Airplane mode for a a few seconds and turn on Wi-Fi. If available it should then show your carrier's name and the Wi-Fi label. If this is visible all calls placed will use Wi-Fi calling.

If the label does not show up, then Wi-Fi calling is not available.

Apr 1, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Phil0124

I’ve read this as well, but is it perhaps different for AT&T, as my status bar only shows the time and location services, not the carriers’s name (so I don’t know if it’s using cellular or wifi to call)? The only reason this is pertinent is because calls are cutting out, and I’m trying to identify where the problem might be. Thank you in advance,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.