Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gapless Playback Issue

Hi, I have recently noticed an issue where pauses have suddenly appeared on an album that should have no gaps between tracks. I downloaded the album from iTunes roughly 5 years ago and have never had this problem before - and it only affects certain tracks, not all of them.

I am using an 7th generation iPod Touch on software version 15.4.1. I noticed the problem just before the most recent software update (yesterday) then downloaded the latest update last night and it is still happening today. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 11:57 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Apr 2, 2022 7:10 AM in response to He5

Hello He5,

You can find some good information on playing music on iPod touch here: Play music on iPod touch

Just to confirm, when the issue happens, does the music appear to pause or stop playing? Does this happen with all content, or only certain albums? That information will help us get a better understanding of the situation.

Since experiencing this issue, have you restarted your device? If so, does restarting improve the issue at all? Restart your iPod touch

How to restart your iPod touch

1. Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears.
The power button is located on the top of the device
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo.

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2022 12:04 PM in response to He5

He5,

Have you tried resyncing the mixed album to see if this continues? In the Music app, you can tap the more options button at the top right corner the album view ( ...) > Remove.

Once removed, you can connect your iPod touch to your computer and sync album back to your device. Check out the steps on how to do this depending on the computer model you are using here: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer .

Take care!

Apr 2, 2022 11:49 AM in response to Brittany1416

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. I only own one mixed album so that is the only one I have noticed the issue on. It is the sudden occurrence of a gap (of about a second) between certain tracks when before the continuation was seamless. I have noticed that it only occurs when listening with wireless headphones - if I use wired headphones then there is no issue.

Apr 3, 2022 6:49 AM in response to kamote0628

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding - I have just tried different wireless headphones and had the same problem. It is ok with wired headphones on the iPod and seems fine on the computer. I have seen other people mentioning this same issue online so it seems like a more general problem…

Gapless Playback Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.