Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control - Company Profile

My Macbook is managed by company using Comp Portal (Company Profile). I would like to know is that the reason, why i cannot use universal control on my macbook? I dont see the option "Link Keyboard and Mouse to (Ipad)". However, I still can use the Sidebar on my mac and ipad.

Please advise me w the Company Profile restricts the Universal Control on Mac? Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 4:40 AM

If the computer is managed by an outside entity, there are likely a lot of things you cannot do. That's by design. It's usual and customary for a company to do this with their property to limit how it is used.

If this is a used Mac, you need to take back it to the seller and have the management removed or the computer replaced.

If it's an active company Mac you have in your possession, you need to talk to your IT department.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 4:40 AM in response to Hanzzzzz

If the computer is managed by an outside entity, there are likely a lot of things you cannot do. That's by design. It's usual and customary for a company to do this with their property to limit how it is used.

If this is a used Mac, you need to take back it to the seller and have the management removed or the computer replaced.

If it's an active company Mac you have in your possession, you need to talk to your IT department.

Universal Control - Company Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.