Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage voice notes playing at low volume

My voice notes on iMessage only play through the speaker at the top part of the phone, and at a really low volume. Please how can I fix this? This works fine for other apps.

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 8:47 AM

Hi Support,

Thanks for your response.

It happens for all contacts, regardless.

it’s not a volume issue because it happens even when my volume is maxed out.

4 replies

Apr 2, 2022 9:14 AM in response to oluwafikunmi

Hello oluwafikunmi,

Next to the audio message, do you see a little speaker icon?

That icon indicates if the message will play out loud at full volume like on Speakerphone or just at the normal volume of your headset speaker.

The default setting is the lower volume so you can listen to the message in private by putting the device to your ear as if you were on a call. When you tap the speaker icon it should go from grey to blue to show that Speakerphone is enabled.

Certainly keep us posted, we’re here for you every step of the way!

Take care.

Apr 2, 2022 8:38 AM in response to oluwafikunmi

Hi oluwafikunmi,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when you listen to recorded messages in iMessage, the volume is low.

Have you noticed if this is only happening with messages from one contact or all contacts?

The sound you hear from iMessage is controlled by the system volume. Does it make a difference if you increase the volume of your iPhone? This article will show you how: Adjust the volume on iPhone

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

iMessage voice notes playing at low volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.