Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to open Library from OneDrive folder (that is stored locally) I get error "This document cannot be opened from icloud Drive. Copy the document to a local, SAN, or supported SMB location, then try again."

Hello colleagues,

I have Final Cut Pro and previously I have store and open my projects from OneDrive folder without any problems, but at yesterday when I was try to open It again I have got error "This document cannot be opened from icloud Drive. Copy the document to a local, SAN, or supported SMB location, then try again." on screenshot below.

Also I can't store any Libraries to OneDrive folder, I get error "This document cannot be saved to icloud Drive. Select a local storage device, SAN, or supported SMB location."

But I can store it in Document or other folder. Problem only with OneDrive

I have checked Final Cut Pro rights and it have access to OneDrive folder.

If someone have faced with same issue please ask me how you have resolve it!

Many regards,

Yaroslav

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 5:17 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 1, 2022 12:58 PM in response to vajda1997

The message you get says it all.

Files that are stored in your iCloud Drive may or may not exist locally at any moment, and as they are updated they will need to sync up to iCloud. This type of thing is not one you want when working with video. FCP will be creating lots of temporary files and you'd be slowed down by the network.

Just copy your library to one local folder, not in iCloud Drive.

When I try to open Library from OneDrive folder (that is stored locally) I get error "This document cannot be opened from icloud Drive. Copy the document to a local, SAN, or supported SMB location, then try again."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.