Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GIF Making

Hi, Is there a way to create GIFs on iPhone 11 Pro? I see some older tutorials showing that it is an option when you swipe up on Live Photos, but I'm not seeing that option on my phone. I'm running the current ios (15.4). I'd rather not use a third party app, if Apple has an in-house solution. Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 11:22 AM

Have you taken any Live Photos at all?

• Shoot a live photo by launching the Camera app and tapping the Bullseye icon at the top-right of the screen so that it shows an animation and the yellow “live” badge appears.
  • To turn the photo into a GIF, launch the Photos app and tap Albums at the bottom of the window.
  • Under Media Types, tap Live Photos.
  • Choose the image you want to work with and Swipe Up.
  • You’ll see choices of Live, Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure — use either Loop or Bounce for your animation.
  • Loop plays the three-second live photo silently in a loop, successfully turning the live photo into a GIF.
  • Bounce, a different sort of animation, plays the live photo forward and backward.

How to Make a Gif on Your iPhone | Digital Trends

1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Tap the Live Photos album and look for a Live Photo you want to turn into a GIF. 
  3. Tap the chosen Live Photo so it’s shown on your iPhone’s screen.
  4. Swipe upwards on the Live Photo to reveal the Effects panels.
  5. Tap either the Loop effect or Bounce effect to continuously animate the Live Photo. This effectively creates a GIF.
  6. Now tap the Share button and share the newly-created GIF any way you want: via Messages, Twitter, and more.

How To Make A GIF On iPhone – 2 EASY Ways | Know Your Mobile

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 11:22 AM in response to JimmyBoy76

Have you taken any Live Photos at all?

• Shoot a live photo by launching the Camera app and tapping the Bullseye icon at the top-right of the screen so that it shows an animation and the yellow “live” badge appears.
  • To turn the photo into a GIF, launch the Photos app and tap Albums at the bottom of the window.
  • Under Media Types, tap Live Photos.
  • Choose the image you want to work with and Swipe Up.
  • You’ll see choices of Live, Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure — use either Loop or Bounce for your animation.
  • Loop plays the three-second live photo silently in a loop, successfully turning the live photo into a GIF.
  • Bounce, a different sort of animation, plays the live photo forward and backward.

How to Make a Gif on Your iPhone | Digital Trends

1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Tap the Live Photos album and look for a Live Photo you want to turn into a GIF. 
  3. Tap the chosen Live Photo so it’s shown on your iPhone’s screen.
  4. Swipe upwards on the Live Photo to reveal the Effects panels.
  5. Tap either the Loop effect or Bounce effect to continuously animate the Live Photo. This effectively creates a GIF.
  6. Now tap the Share button and share the newly-created GIF any way you want: via Messages, Twitter, and more.

How To Make A GIF On iPhone – 2 EASY Ways | Know Your Mobile

GIF Making

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.