Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check whether my iPhone is being hacked?

How can i check whether my phone is being hacked or not?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 12:00 PM

Your iPhone has almost certainly not been hacked. There are no known ways to hack an iPhone remotely. The only way it can be hacked is if someone who knows how to has possession of the phone while it is unlocked for at least 30 minutes. If this has actually happened restore the phone to factory settings and do not restore a backup; set it up as if it is new→Restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If you have gotten a popup saying your phone is hacked, that is a phishing scam to steal your money, your identity, or both. Ignore close the tab it is on, and don’t tap anything in the popup, including “close”, done, or any other buttons on the popup. Here is more information→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 12:00 PM in response to Desmondmelo

Your iPhone has almost certainly not been hacked. There are no known ways to hack an iPhone remotely. The only way it can be hacked is if someone who knows how to has possession of the phone while it is unlocked for at least 30 minutes. If this has actually happened restore the phone to factory settings and do not restore a backup; set it up as if it is new→Restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If you have gotten a popup saying your phone is hacked, that is a phishing scam to steal your money, your identity, or both. Ignore close the tab it is on, and don’t tap anything in the popup, including “close”, done, or any other buttons on the popup. Here is more information→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

How can I check whether my iPhone is being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.