📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app won't let me sign in to access emails

I've gone onto the Mail app and its randomly signed me out of the app. So, i've gone to sign back in; put in my email + apple id password; clicked next and it doesn't do anything. I typed in the password and email address correctly so it should work, but it fails to do so. Could you help me?

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 12:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 6:22 AM

Hi Brittany1416,

Thank you for your response. I've managed to resolve the problem, but thanks for your advice. It turns out that the update in my phone had automatically turned off my iCloud mail for some reason, and i had no idea. Thanks anyway :)

3 replies

Apr 2, 2022 1:22 PM in response to ruby_king2006

Hello ruby_king2006,

Which device are you using the Mail app with? Just to clarify, it seems like this is happening with an iCloud Mail account, is that correct?

If you're using iCloud Mail, this link outlines the steps to take to set up iCloud Mail on your devices: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices

Just to clarify, do any errors or messages appear when you try to sign in? If you're not able to sign into your Apple ID/iCloud account, this link has some additional steps that may help: If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If you need additional assistance after reviewing the information in the above link, please check out the "If you still need help" section of that same page.

If you still need help

If you still need help signing in to iCloud, update your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, and your Mac to the latest version of macOS. See the iCloud system requirements for more information.

Thanks!

Mail app won't let me sign in to access emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.