Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handsfree/Carplay

How can I get apple maps on my iphone 7 to work with Handsfree (bluetooth) on my 2009 Lexus car? It worked fine until the last iphone update last week. Now my apple maps only shows an option to choose car play and NOT Handsfree on my phone. I still have a connection with voice speaker for calling on my car, but do not have the ability for speaker on my car for directions on my apple maps. How can I fix it. I refuse to buy a new car just to use car play!! I have used it several times on car rentals, so using it is not the problem. There must be a fix or way to connect to hands free for speaker on map directions. HELP!

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:26 PM

Who buys a new car, if a mobile feature is not working?

Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 3:26 PM in response to SharonBywaters

Who buys a new car, if a mobile feature is not working?

Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Handsfree/Carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.