Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How do I setup CarPlay using my Apple iPhone?

I use my Apple iPhone 8+ to navigate everywhere I go. I drive a 2021 Nissan Rogue that has Apple CarPlay. When I first purchased the car, the dealer helped me setup CarPlay. It worked great, for years. I use an apple USB to connect my phone to the car.

it stopped working. Now, I have my phone setup to navigate on Google maps. However, when I crank my car and navigate using my phone, it connects to speak the directions, but won’t show the map in the car screen anymore. The voice is so loud in the speaker that it hurts my ears, when speaking, and I cannot turn it down.

please tell me how to correctly setup Apple CarPlay using my iPhone. Help?

Posted on May 15, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 12:38 PM

There's no real setup involved. You just plug in the phone into the car using a USB cord and CarPlay should pop up automatically.

You should be able to turn the volume down using both your car stereo's volume nob, and the iPhone's own volume buttons.

If CarPlay is not activating on your stereo screen, look in its settings, and make sure it has not been disabled. Look in your card's user manual for how to verify CarPlay settings, it's different for every car manufacturer.

If nothing works, take your car to your local Dealership so they can verify the head unit. They may need to reset it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2023 12:38 PM in response to deidra223

There's no real setup involved. You just plug in the phone into the car using a USB cord and CarPlay should pop up automatically.

You should be able to turn the volume down using both your car stereo's volume nob, and the iPhone's own volume buttons.

If CarPlay is not activating on your stereo screen, look in its settings, and make sure it has not been disabled. Look in your card's user manual for how to verify CarPlay settings, it's different for every car manufacturer.

If nothing works, take your car to your local Dealership so they can verify the head unit. They may need to reset it.

How do I setup CarPlay using my Apple iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.