Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Carplay doesn't work in iphone 15 Pro Max

Carplay is not activated on my Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE automatically when I connect my iphone via USB or Bluetooth. Charging working, Music app working fine but I cannot see CarPlay icon in the display of my car. I cannot use Google Maps as I did in my previous iphone 11. Please help !

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 12:52 AM

So I stumbled on a fix for this. I went into Toyota setup via menu, and scrolled down to Projection settings. I clicked on that and toggled off the option for Apple Carplay. It prompted me to unplug my phone from USB to complete the step. I did that, then I toggled CarPlay option back on and plugged my iPhone back in. That did the trick.

Hopefully this might get help someone get it working.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 12:52 AM in response to Tbaykal

So I stumbled on a fix for this. I went into Toyota setup via menu, and scrolled down to Projection settings. I clicked on that and toggled off the option for Apple Carplay. It prompted me to unplug my phone from USB to complete the step. I did that, then I toggled CarPlay option back on and plugged my iPhone back in. That did the trick.

Hopefully this might get help someone get it working.

Apr 24, 2024 12:49 AM in response to Tbaykal

Hi!

I had the same issue! Tried three different cables and none of them worked! Got it booked in to Toyota so they could investigate / fix it and as a last ditch attempt to do it myself I bought a 'certified' cable.... which worked perfectly! As soon as I plugged it in...BOOM... Apple CarPlay connected and activated!

I was going to try your trick, but wanted Toyota to check it out first, in case it was just a simple software updated that was needed but it was just the cable! Because the iPhone comes with USB-C to USB-C you can't use that one but I bought one on Amazon, next day delivery and I'm all good to go now! :)

Carplay doesn't work in iphone 15 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.