Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

junk and spam folders

how do I add a junk or spam folder on my iphone and ipad. the drop down selection does not show that these folders exist for me to select.

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 5:05 PM

7 replies

Apr 3, 2022 3:33 PM in response to 112dixon

..112dixon:

Perhaps to try a step-aside from webmail logins? I've gmail accounts

and found they google/apple had issues between their email. With

older macOS no app. W/ newer iPhone iOS; google gmail app is OK.

• Gmail - Email by Google on the App Store (for iOS iPhone/iPad)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gmail-email-by-google/id422689480

[For my iPhone, been easier to use 'Google Gmail app' & more than one

gmail account, both loaded; then switched quickly, without add'l logins.]

Google offers ideas that are not my first choice; it's tolerable for now.

And older Mac/PC with 'secure logins' by browser do OK, too.

Apr 2, 2022 3:20 PM in response to 112dixon

Hey there, 112dixon! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Are you looking to add folders to Mail on your iPhone? If so, you can do that following the steps found here: Use mailboxes to organize email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that article doesn’t help, let us know a bit more about what’s happening. We’ll go from there.

Kindest regards. 

Apr 3, 2022 12:39 PM in response to 112dixon

Hello, 112dixon.

If you're seeing Junk mailbox, this is also may be the spam mailbox. For example, Yahoo email has a Spam folder, but in the Mail app it's labeled as Junk but the contents are the same.

You may need to check with your email service provider to see if there are any filters in place for spam mail. If you're using iCloud Mail, this article has good information about Junk mail: Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud - Apple Support

Best regards.

Apr 3, 2022 12:08 PM in response to Shannon_DN

Hello Shannon. Thank you for responding!

When I click on Mailboxes on my iphone and ask for an edit, I don't have a selection to check for the spam box. I have vip, flagged, muted threads, unread, today, all drafts, all trash, attachments, all archive and all sent. On my ipad, I have fewer selections as drafts, sent, junk and trash. I have spam emails in my web mail but the spam shown there never makes it to my iphone or ipad since there is not a box labeled as such. The junk box never gets any emails on either the iphone or ipad. I just wanted to see the 'spam' on my apple products that is in my webmail, as some of those emails are good ones. Thank you for your time and help!

Apr 3, 2022 2:59 PM in response to Matthew.S81

Thank you Matthew,

I have no junk selectable box in my iphone to bring it into play. And the junk box already selected on my ipad never has anything in it. I have checked with my provider, and they cannot help me. They said to delete my email address and readd it. But I don't feel comfortable doing that. I will just keep checking my webmail for emails that are important that have been sent to their span. Thank you for your time.

Apr 3, 2022 3:52 PM in response to 112dixon

"...They said to delete my email address and readd it. But I don't feel comfortable doing that..,"

You should not feel uncomfortable. Just do it, it's a standard remedy for all glitches with IMAP (NON ICLOUD )mail accounts.

You cannot add junk or spam folders, they are provided by the email account providers and can be reinstalled by doing just what was suggested.

junk and spam folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.