Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing/linking iPhones help

I have an personal iPhone XS, I’ve recently bought an iPhone 13 mini for work only. I want to share the calendar (I’m using Google calendar), photos, contacts and documents (Google docs, sheet etc). I only have one Apple ID & iCloud account and would prefer to keep to one account. However when I’ve set up the new phone up it’s sharing everything, all the things I want are shared but if I get/send a msg, make a call it appears on both phones, it’s also linked settings, for example I need different do not disturb times on each phone but if I change it on one it changes it to the same times on the other. How do I set them up so it only shares those selected things and they still act as different phones. Many thanks

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 1:24 AM

It will be difficult, but you will have to go to Settings, your name, iCloud and turn off the items in there. Sharing texts and call history seems (from my experience trying to have my wife's phone on my account) to be linked to iCloud Drive so if you need iCloud Drive on both phones then sharing text will be impossible to stop. One false move and they get shared.

Apple assumes that if both phone are yours then you will want to share everything on it.

You can however stop sharing Focus/DND by turning off Share Across Devices in Settings, Focus

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 1:24 AM in response to KCgreeneyes

It will be difficult, but you will have to go to Settings, your name, iCloud and turn off the items in there. Sharing texts and call history seems (from my experience trying to have my wife's phone on my account) to be linked to iCloud Drive so if you need iCloud Drive on both phones then sharing text will be impossible to stop. One false move and they get shared.

Apple assumes that if both phone are yours then you will want to share everything on it.

You can however stop sharing Focus/DND by turning off Share Across Devices in Settings, Focus

Sharing/linking iPhones help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.