Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor not detected

Hi,

After I updated my Mac to Monterey 12.3.1, the external monitor is not detected at all. I've tried restarting the device but no luck. This issue didn't exist before the update (in 12.3) though.

Can you please help me fix this issue?

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 10:22 PM

Hey there!

What model and year of Mac do you use?

Without more information, I would still consider resetting both the NVRAM and even the SMC firmware, (If Intel in particular), for this issue, hope these steps fix it!

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If your Mac battery won’t charge - Apple Support

Hope one of those two steps help! Otherwise any other information will help, such as make and model of the monitor and Mac, if the same happens with other monitors/ports/chords/etc. Thanks!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 10:22 PM in response to Chille81

Hey there!

What model and year of Mac do you use?

Without more information, I would still consider resetting both the NVRAM and even the SMC firmware, (If Intel in particular), for this issue, hope these steps fix it!

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If your Mac battery won’t charge - Apple Support

Hope one of those two steps help! Otherwise any other information will help, such as make and model of the monitor and Mac, if the same happens with other monitors/ports/chords/etc. Thanks!

External monitor not detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.