Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I print a section from a page?

Either a saved document or a saved screenshot or an open web page? I can't find anything up to date on Communities that works. And 'print selection only' does not exist.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 10:10 AM

barneyhairball wrote:

Either a saved document or a saved screenshot or an open web page? I can't find anything up to date on Communities that works. And 'print selection only' does not exist.

Print Selection for macOS can save you ink, paper, time ...

worse case scenario, copy and paste into a plain .txt file first— print that stripping out formatting/images/etc

Change preferences in TextEdit on Mac - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 10:10 AM in response to barneyhairball

barneyhairball wrote:

Print Selection for macOS can save you ink, paper, time ...

worse case scenario, copy and paste into a plain .txt file first— print that stripping out formatting/images/etc

Change preferences in TextEdit on Mac - Apple Support

Apr 2, 2022 6:51 AM in response to barneyhairball

Last I checked, Office apps can print a selection, or various other options. With a section of the document selected, Print (cmd-P), then select the option to print the selection in the print dialog box.

I hardly ever use it anymore.

Open the Word Help and search for Print Selection.

Since only the App knows what content you have selected, and only the app knows how to raster the content you have selected, the app is the only thing that can provide the feature you want.

If the app supports printing the selection, the setting will most likely be where you choose the page range.

How do I print a section from a page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.