Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 11.2 Find function not working

I have the latest versions of Pages & OS (Monterey 12.3) on my MacBook Air (Intel).

I type a word in the "Find" box and nothing happens. It's very frustrating bc I have a long doc, I'd like to make into a book. Any help??

Screenshot shows that the Find box doesn't even change from Find & Replace to Find. The word typed (mining) is visible in the doc, but there's no highlighting - no activity at all.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 3:51 PM

Thanks again, VikingOSX!

I tried that "Clear Recent Searches" with no change, BUT before I restarted in Safe mode, I closed the large document in Pages and re-opened it. That did it!

I did the same for the other 3 smaller docs and it then worked for them also. I'll have to remember this refreshing" trick!

6 replies

Apr 2, 2022 11:40 AM in response to jlw71

Notice the 🔍˅ on the Find panel. Click that and at the bottom of that menu, choose Clear Recent Searches. That may still not resolve the issue. Boot your Mac into Safe Boot mode, open the same document in Pages, and attempt to find "mining." Does it work in Safe Boot mode? Reboot normally and try again to see if the problem persists.

I have Pages v11.2 installed on both macOS 11.6.5 and 12.3.1 and my Pages Find works for anything I choose to locate. These are M1 Macs, but the Find facility works correctly for me with Pages v8.1 on Mojave too.

Pages 11.2 Find function not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.