Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a New Contact to Contacts shuts down the program without saving

I see this issue also came up in the OS 11.X days; it's now happening to me using 12.3 on a 4TB, 64 GB RAM 2019 16" MacBook Pro. Happens as soon as you move the mouse or even tab to a new field after adding the contact name. Suggested fixes back then were the usual restart and then restarting in Safe Mode and following an arcane procedure.

I think the bigger issue here is Apple increasingly failing at the little things, such as the Mail program actually quitting when shut down, screen saver settings taking, the Apple mouse not lagging, a thumb drive actually loading, or Disk Utility actually re-formating a brand new external PC drive without timing out and forcing the user into Terminal/DOS mode.

I know personally how much Apple hates complainers, but seriously -- having to romance your computer to do everyday things is what PCs used to be about, and why Apple became the preferred platform in the first place.

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 10:06 AM

Hello mawolfe52, Have not had this problem myself. Maybe try the steps on the Apple Support Page on adding Contacts.

Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Adding a New Contact to Contacts shuts down the program without saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.