Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having trouble with HDR in macOS 12.3.1? The option disappeared in display settings.

I have an HDR monitor (Asus PA32UCX) that was working fine on 12.3 and works fine in all prior versions of macOS that I have tried, but with the update to 12.3.1 it no longer works. Anyone else have this happen? The same monitor and cable work correctly in HDR in Big Sur and Monterey 12.3 on the same Mac, and work with a Windows laptop as well (cable would not matter but since support suggested it I will mention it).

Apple support is suggesting I go back to 12.3 but wasn't there a major security flaw fixed in 12.3.1?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 11:15 AM

Power off your Asus display and your Mac. Disconnect the HDMI cable from your Mac, then reconnect it. Power on the Asus and then your Mac. Any change in seeing an HDR selection again in Displays?

Failing that, boot your Mac into Safe Boot mode, and follow that with a normal reboot. Any change?

Similar questions

8 replies

Anyone else having trouble with HDR in macOS 12.3.1? The option disappeared in display settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.