Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using "Scaled" Resolution for LG HDR 4K on MacMini using Monterey Version 12.3

Is anybody experiencing screen "black out" when you change the" Default for Display" to "Scaled" on display setting in system preferences. This feature used to work on the earlier version of Monterey, but doesn't seem to work on V12.3. Currently I can only use the "default display" setting. I have updated the driver for the LG HDR 4K but that didn't make any difference. Is anybody else experiencing this problem with external monitors?

If anybody has any advice, work-a-rounds, or knowledge there is a "fix' in Apple MacOS backlog, that would be appreciated.

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 12:50 AM

Hello, just quick update on my scaling question.

Apple pushed out an update yesterday Version 12.3.1.

Looks like its fixed.

I can use the scale feature, and also the screen saver features work, so I don't have to keep resetting the Mac when the screen saver starts.

Well done to the developers at Apple, for helping with the fix, and turning it around so quickly. Thank you.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 12:50 AM in response to Cfarnell

Hello, just quick update on my scaling question.

Apple pushed out an update yesterday Version 12.3.1.

Looks like its fixed.

I can use the scale feature, and also the screen saver features work, so I don't have to keep resetting the Mac when the screen saver starts.

Well done to the developers at Apple, for helping with the fix, and turning it around so quickly. Thank you.

Using "Scaled" Resolution for LG HDR 4K on MacMini using Monterey Version 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.