Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map guides not syncing between iOS devices

I have created some guides in Maps on my iPhone 13 and I have tried to setup maps to sync across to my iPad. The guides or any other favourites on my iPhone are not appearing on my iPad. Can anyone advise how I can fix this? Both devices are running iOS 15.4 and I have turned on Maps in iCloud on both devices.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 3:17 PM

5 replies

Apr 3, 2022 12:55 PM in response to Geoff Olsson

Hello Geoff Olsson,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities. We'd be happy to help.

We understand that the Guides feature of the Maps app is not in sync between your devices. With iCloud enabled, it should be. Are you using the same Apple ID for all devices?

Organize places in My Guides in Maps on iPhone

iOS and iPadOS 15.4.1 are the most recent versions. Let's be sure you're up-to-date with those: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Have a good day.

Apr 4, 2022 6:25 AM in response to Geoff Olsson

Thanks for getting back to us, Geoff. It's appreciated!

The setting to share Maps through iCloud is the same on both devices: Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Maps.

If My Guides aren't syncing from your iPhone to your iPad and both have the setting turned, turn it off on both, then restart your iPhone and iPad:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Restart your iPad - Apple Support 

Once both devices are back to the Home screen, turn iCloud Maps back on. Wait for a minute or two, then turn iCloud Maps on again on your iPad. Do your My Guides sync now?

All the best.

Apr 3, 2022 8:52 PM in response to Matthew_J5

Hi Mathew_J5

Both of my devices are running iOS 15.4.1and are both logged into the same Apple ID.

Unfortunatley anything that I have saved in my iPhone Maps has not synced across to my iPad and vice versa.

Can you confirm all of the settings that need to be selected in settings so as to ensure that both devices have the same settings?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Map guides not syncing between iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.