Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone number

okay so i transfered from an iphone 7 to an iphone 11 and now i cant text people unless i use my email even though my number is linked to this phone, when i go to settings and try to click my number instead of email in send and receive it doesnt work. ive tried to power my phone off and on but it still isnt working and now the number on send and receive is showing up as my email and my brothers number, we both got phones at the same time but we arent on the same bill and our phones arent linked in any way. what do i do?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 6:39 PM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2022 11:53 PM in response to mars224

mars224 wrote:

okay so i transfered from an iphone 7 to an iphone 11

Was that iPhone thoroughly and completely cleansed before you “moved in” as follows? It should have been.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Did you and your brother ever share an Apple ID? Telephone number? Hopefully not.

my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.