Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Photo Numbering

My wife and I both have iPhone 12 Pro Max's. We both take pictures and download them to our Windows laptop (we do not have a Mac) where we edit them and save them to an external hard drive. The file name of the photos on her phone (IMG_xxxx.jpg where xxxx is a sequential number) has caught up with my phone such that we now have duplicate photo file names. The simplest solution would be to access one of our iPhones and reset or change the default sequential number so they are different. Make mine 8xxx series numbers, and make hers 1xxx series numbers for instance. I have searched for a solution to this and have struck out, short of downloading them into separate folders and renaming them on the laptop. Anyone?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 9:03 PM

There is no option yet, as desired by you. However, if you find something is missing on iOS devices, you may provide --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple < here.

2 replies

iPhone Photo Numbering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.