Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail trying to connect to a bt account that has been deleted. This message keeps appearing.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 4:45 AM

3 replies

Apr 4, 2022 11:21 AM in response to dawngreg08

Many thanks for your helpful reply.

As these messages were coming up every time I sent an email from the BT Server I deleted the email address at BT. However, the messages continues as Apple Mail was trying to connect to an account that was discontinued. I searched everywhere for the old email and with Connection Doctor I found and deleted the offending email account.

This appears to have sorted it and I hope that between us we will have won!

Again, your help has been much appreciated.

Apr 4, 2022 8:39 AM in response to mothan

Hello mothan,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!If we understand your post correctly, you're getting an error message saying Can't connect to the account Btinternet when trying to log into Apple mail. We'd like to help!

If you entered the correct password for your email account in the password dialog in the Mail app  on your Mac, but Mail indicates it can’t connect to your email account, your email account provider may be rejecting the password. See the Apple Support article If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password.If Mail on your Mac can’t connect to your email account

Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care!

Apple mail trying to connect to a bt account that has been deleted. This message keeps appearing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.