Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freed up storage space on iPad and still getting message that storage is “full”. Currently have more than orange capacity. How do you clear red message?

How can I clear “storage full message”?

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 8:52 AM

OK.....I suspect you have some corrupt files going on. iPadOS and System Data shouldn't be as shown.

This may not be fun, but backup your iPad, then restore the iPad from Backup.

See these two support articles:

Back up iPad - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 8:52 AM in response to Romanocheeseman

OK.....I suspect you have some corrupt files going on. iPadOS and System Data shouldn't be as shown.

This may not be fun, but backup your iPad, then restore the iPad from Backup.

See these two support articles:

Back up iPad - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Apr 3, 2022 7:17 AM in response to Romanocheeseman

Go to Settings > General > iPad Storage and see what category is taking up too much space.

Report back.

Also, when if you deleted photos, they don't immediately delete. They transfer to a Deleted Photos folder, where they remain for up to 30 days to allow you to recover them if you want. To delete them earlier, you open the Deleted folder and delete them, which will free up some space.

Freed up storage space on iPad and still getting message that storage is “full”. Currently have more than orange capacity. How do you clear red message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.