Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 12 mini was recently stolen while on vacation in mexico. I had many many photos saved on my phone. contacts, texts etc. I am most concerned about getting the photos back. if they were saved in icloud, how do i retrieve them on a new phone?

While on vacation my iphone 12 mini was stolen. I had many many photos that I would like to retrieve.

I have since purchased a new iphone 12 mini. I am told I can retrieve them but I am having difficulty doing so. I had them stored in icloud.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 5:36 PM

You have stated that you have used iCloud for Photos with your previous iPhone 12 Mini. This means that you can retrieve those photos from iCloud. Ensure that your new iPhone 12 Mini is setup and signed in with the same Apple ID as your old iPhone.

On your new iPhone 12 Mini, open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ Photos: Ensure that this switch is set to ON. Ensure that your iPhone is connected to power and to a Wi-Fi Network. You should see your photos begin syncing from iCloud to your iPhone.

To ensure that you indeed have photos on iCloud, Go to 👉 www.icloud.com from a computer. Sign in with your Apple ID and examine the Photos category.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 5:36 PM in response to jrdanielson

You have stated that you have used iCloud for Photos with your previous iPhone 12 Mini. This means that you can retrieve those photos from iCloud. Ensure that your new iPhone 12 Mini is setup and signed in with the same Apple ID as your old iPhone.

On your new iPhone 12 Mini, open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ Photos: Ensure that this switch is set to ON. Ensure that your iPhone is connected to power and to a Wi-Fi Network. You should see your photos begin syncing from iCloud to your iPhone.

To ensure that you indeed have photos on iCloud, Go to 👉 www.icloud.com from a computer. Sign in with your Apple ID and examine the Photos category.

Axel F.

my iphone 12 mini was recently stolen while on vacation in mexico. I had many many photos saved on my phone. contacts, texts etc. I am most concerned about getting the photos back. if they were saved in icloud, how do i retrieve them on a new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.