Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen phone/retrieving lost photos

Hi, my mum had her iPhone X stolen overseas. The phone was on Flight Mode for the entirety of the time it was stolen. We've just relocated it, and had it brought back to us, but when we looked for the photos that we had taken overseas they had disappeared, and iCloud had updated all of the photos from her new phone onto the original one. Is there any way we can retrieve the original photos? They are very important to us as they contain memories of our holiday. Thanks :)

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 8:05 PM

sunnysmiles17 Said:

Stolen phone/retrieving lost photos:[...] Is there any way we can retrieve the original photos?[...]

———-

Checking Where these Photos May Reside:

IMPORTANT: Disable Wi-Fi instantaneously to boot, as a way to avoid iCloud synchronization.

• Check your eMail account

• Check another Apple ID used while on the trip

• Check other storage devices that these maybe stored on (i.e. A Flash Drive, or other cloud storage)

• Finally, check other devices associated to your Apple ID. Use the Photos app, in particular for Apple devices
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2019 8:05 PM in response to sunnysmiles17

sunnysmiles17 Said:

Stolen phone/retrieving lost photos:[...] Is there any way we can retrieve the original photos?[...]

———-

Checking Where these Photos May Reside:

IMPORTANT: Disable Wi-Fi instantaneously to boot, as a way to avoid iCloud synchronization.

• Check your eMail account

• Check another Apple ID used while on the trip

• Check other storage devices that these maybe stored on (i.e. A Flash Drive, or other cloud storage)

• Finally, check other devices associated to your Apple ID. Use the Photos app, in particular for Apple devices

Stolen phone/retrieving lost photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.