Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover photos from a stolen iphone

How do I recover photos from a stolen iPhone. And transfer them to my new iPhone

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 2:31 PM

If you had iCloud Photos turned on before it was stolen, you can use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and view the photos in the Photos app there. You can also turn on iCloud Photos on a new phone (and/or other Apple devices) and the photos will automatically sync with it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on but do have a backup, when you use the backup to setup the new phone it will restore photos as well as other data. See: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2023 2:31 PM in response to Gummybear_24

If you had iCloud Photos turned on before it was stolen, you can use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and view the photos in the Photos app there. You can also turn on iCloud Photos on a new phone (and/or other Apple devices) and the photos will automatically sync with it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on but do have a backup, when you use the backup to setup the new phone it will restore photos as well as other data. See: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Feb 28, 2023 6:41 PM in response to Gummybear_24

Gummybear_24 Said:

"How do I recover photos from a stolen iPhone. And transfer them to my new iPhone"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

Feb 26, 2023 2:30 PM in response to Gummybear_24

It’s all dependant on your backup.

IF you were automatically syncing your photos to iCloud, they will almost certainly be automatically restored to your replacement phone during it's setup.

Apple’s device restoration routines are quite good.

When you setup your replacement phone, you’ll be asked about your restoration desires.

Read these prompts VERY carefully and choose the appropriate method.

How do I recover photos from a stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.