Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime

May daughter using my iPad and I use to be able to FaceTime her on it now I can’t. The iPad is logged in using my Apple ID. Anyone have any suggestions that may fix this? I have tried looking on YouTube.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 5:45 PM

anesha210 Said:

"FaceTime: May daughter using my iPad and I use to be able to FaceTime her on it now I can’t. The iPad is logged in using my Apple ID. Anyone have any suggestions that may fix this? I have tried looking on YouTube."

-------

Keep your Account to Yourself:

First off, need share you credentials with anyone whomsoever. I think you daughter needs to set up her own Apple ID. Secondly, It seems she may have added you own face to FaceTime. So, either remove it from your account, getting her her own iPad and creating her own Apple ID. Then use this site to add this to her own Apple ID(set this up anew): What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.  As for troubleshooting FaceTime, refer to the following...

Re-Enable FaceTime & Camera:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Tap: Allowed Apps
  5. Tap: FaceTime so that it is greyed-out
  6. Tap: Camera so that it is greyed-out
  7. Tap: FaceTime so that it is green
  8. Tap: Camera so that it is green
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 5:45 PM in response to anesha210

anesha210 Said:

"FaceTime: May daughter using my iPad and I use to be able to FaceTime her on it now I can’t. The iPad is logged in using my Apple ID. Anyone have any suggestions that may fix this? I have tried looking on YouTube."

-------

Keep your Account to Yourself:

First off, need share you credentials with anyone whomsoever. I think you daughter needs to set up her own Apple ID. Secondly, It seems she may have added you own face to FaceTime. So, either remove it from your account, getting her her own iPad and creating her own Apple ID. Then use this site to add this to her own Apple ID(set this up anew): What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.  As for troubleshooting FaceTime, refer to the following...

Re-Enable FaceTime & Camera:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Tap: Allowed Apps
  5. Tap: FaceTime so that it is greyed-out
  6. Tap: Camera so that it is greyed-out
  7. Tap: FaceTime so that it is green
  8. Tap: Camera so that it is green

FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.