Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single USB-C port not working on Macbook Pro (13-in, 2020, M1, Touchbar)

One of my USB-C ports has recently stopped working (both for power and connecting accessories). I can find no information online about recommendations for resetting the ports. No SMC reset is possible with the M1 is my understanding. The System Report shows and recognizes both ports. I have ordered replacement hardware, but I wanted to avoid this if possible. With only 2 available ports, losing one becomes a quick problem -- and I don't want to use multiple external adapters, as these carry issues of their own.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 3:48 AM

I guess, you already ran the Apple Diagnostic test?

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

You should get the MacBook Pro checked by visiting an Authorised Apple Service Provider next to your place.

If you try to fix that yourself, Apple might refuse to service it in the future.

Apple - Find Locations

Similar questions

2 replies

Single USB-C port not working on Macbook Pro (13-in, 2020, M1, Touchbar)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.