Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't set Backup iPhone to Mac as default - part 2

Whenever I select back up iPhone to Mac it just flips it back to default backup to iCloud whenever I reconnect my iPhone . Unlike for Tracy Rog who also posted this same problem, mine has most definitely not 'learned over time'. Dozens and dozens of reselects later it's still the same.

If I set it to backup to Mac and hit apply it just flips it back to iCloud.

If I try it again immediately it starts a sync, ... and resets it back to iCloud.

I have backed up my phone to my Mac for absolutely years - at least a hundred times as I do it every month. This has never been a problem till Catalina and since then it has done this to me every single time I back up (dozens of times) and it is now really doing my head in.

I hoped it would be solved when i upgraded my 10 year old MacBook Pro 13" for the new MacBook Pro 2021 14" running monterey but the problem has just followed me!

Not what you need when you've just shelled out some serious cash.

Please help if you can.

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 8:38 AM

dragnflai wrote:

Whenever I select back up iPhone to Mac it just flips it back to default backup to iCloud whenever I reconnect my iPhone . Unlike for Tracy Rog who also posted this same problem, mine has most definitely not 'learned over time'. Dozens and dozens of reselects later it's still the same.
If I try it again immediately it starts a sync, ... and resets it back to iCloud.
I have backed up my phone to my Mac for absolutely years - at least a hundred times as I do it every month. This has never been a problem till Catalina and since then it has done this to me every single time I back up (dozens of times) and it is now really doing my head in.
I hoped it would be solved when i upgraded my 10 year old MacBook Pro 13" for the new MacBook Pro 2021 14" running monterey but the problem has just followed me!
Please help if you can.

See if there is anything here:

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 8:38 AM in response to dragnflai

dragnflai wrote:

Please help if you can.

See if there is anything here:

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

can't set Backup iPhone to Mac as default - part 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.