Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail not working on Mac OSX

I recently changed my Apple ID email from my provider (transitioning out) to my iCloud alias so that my email address is @icloud.com. On my iOS devices the email is working perfectly well while on my 2 MacOS (12.3.1) devices I get a the warning triangle. I checked the setting and the account is pop and not imap. How do I sort this out?

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 10:54 AM

Ok. I think I sorted it out, but now I need to see what damage might have been done to my account.

I actually deleted the iCloud account from the Internet Accounts in Preferences and then added it back. I'm going to go through everything to make sure I didn't lose any data or have multiple duplicates.

Thank you!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 10:54 AM in response to Edan_L

Ok. I think I sorted it out, but now I need to see what damage might have been done to my account.

I actually deleted the iCloud account from the Internet Accounts in Preferences and then added it back. I'm going to go through everything to make sure I didn't lose any data or have multiple duplicates.

Thank you!

iCloud mail not working on Mac OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.