Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not exporting properly.

My IMovie that I had created isn’t exporting with both audio and Video. While I’m using IMovie the quality looks good and perfect but once I get into the QuickTime player it shows only as a green screen with audio. When I view my individual clips from my movie it works on QuickTime but once they’re in the IMOVIE together it just doesn’t want to export properly.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 10:10 AM

Make a copy of one of your individual clips and convert it to Mp4/AAC with the free download, Handbrake. Convert it even if it already an Mp4/AAC clip. Then import it into iMovie and export it out. Now see if it plays in QuickTimePlayer.

You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

A simple way to do it is to open Handbrake and do a File/Open Source. Navigate to your video and choose it as the source from the resulting screen. Then do File/Start Encoding. Wait a couple of minutes for the conversion to complete. Then save and import the converted clip into iMovie.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 10:10 AM in response to James2x

Make a copy of one of your individual clips and convert it to Mp4/AAC with the free download, Handbrake. Convert it even if it already an Mp4/AAC clip. Then import it into iMovie and export it out. Now see if it plays in QuickTimePlayer.

You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

A simple way to do it is to open Handbrake and do a File/Open Source. Navigate to your video and choose it as the source from the resulting screen. Then do File/Start Encoding. Wait a couple of minutes for the conversion to complete. Then save and import the converted clip into iMovie.

-- Rich

Apr 4, 2022 9:22 AM in response to James2x

Try deleting preferences, as that sometimes cures export problems. To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie not exporting properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.