Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen MacBook Pro

I have a black screen on MacBook Pro the touch bar does come up with brightness x 2 anther two which I don’t recognise plus mite and volume. Tried holding down for 10 seconds and pressing shift the tried command R.

what else can I try?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 7:54 AM

Narrowgauge725 wrote:

I have a black screen on MacBook Pro the touch bar does come up with brightness x 2 anther two which I don’t recognise plus mite and volume. Tried holding down for 10 seconds and pressing shift the tried command R.

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209095

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 7:54 AM in response to Narrowgauge725

Narrowgauge725 wrote:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209095

Apr 5, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Narrowgauge725

Narrowgauge725 wrote:

Thanks I have tried that. It appears that there is an image on screen. If I shine a bright light I can login and get to the display but it is on full brightness

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Black screen MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.