Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not connecting with Photos on MacBook Air

When I plug my iPhone into my MacBook Air and open Photos on both devices it constantly makes the fault beep and keeps connecting then disconnecting my iPhone. Both devices are logged into my iCloud account. Initially it said I needed to install something to allow them to connect. I did this and it made no difference. My iPhone is running iOS 15.3.1, My MacBook Air iOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 11:11 AM

Hi Sockthing,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when you connect your iPhone to your MacBook Air, your Mac beeps and connects and disconnects your iPhone, correct?

Do you experience the same behavior if you connect your iPhone to an alternate port or use an alternate cable?

If you're signed in with iCloud using the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and MacBook Air, you will have access to all photos on each of your devices. You can learn more here: Set up and use iCloud Photos

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 11:11 AM in response to Sockthing

Hi Sockthing,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when you connect your iPhone to your MacBook Air, your Mac beeps and connects and disconnects your iPhone, correct?

Do you experience the same behavior if you connect your iPhone to an alternate port or use an alternate cable?

If you're signed in with iCloud using the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and MacBook Air, you will have access to all photos on each of your devices. You can learn more here: Set up and use iCloud Photos

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

iPhone not connecting with Photos on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.