Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best back-up disk for 2020 iMac desktop

Need a backup disk that's compatible with my 2020 iMac desktop running Big Sur OS 11.6. I recently bought a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 1TB and the volume is not compatible. Previously, I tried a G-Technology 1TB G-Drive mobile USB-C but it was "fried" when I tried to write data to it. Can anyone recommend a decent back-up disk to run with Time Machine?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 3:23 PM

Look at the external SSDs from OWC (MacSales.com). You can call Customer Support at OWC and they can suggest the best of their many models for your intended use and budget. I have 8 of their SSDs currently in use. Very reliable, great customer support and warranties.

7 replies

Best back-up disk for 2020 iMac desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.