📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purple dots on camera

My new Iphone 13 Pro started to present a problem when using the zoom in the camera.

if you record a video or take a picture with zoom you have some purple dots, the more you zoom in, the bigger the dots gets.

The main reason for me to purchase this phone was the camera quality.. but now i have purple dots everywhere in my videos and pictures.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 1:51 PM

I haven’t seen this issue before, but I would guess that there is a problem with one of your lenses (probably the telephoto lens). Because you use different lenses for how far zoomed in you are, you might only see manufacturer defects at certain zoom distances. For the furthest zoom on your phone, that would be using the telephoto lens.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2022 1:51 PM in response to chcabrera

I haven’t seen this issue before, but I would guess that there is a problem with one of your lenses (probably the telephoto lens). Because you use different lenses for how far zoomed in you are, you might only see manufacturer defects at certain zoom distances. For the furthest zoom on your phone, that would be using the telephoto lens.

Purple dots on camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.