Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Update

Why when I try to update my MacBook Air, it's just stuck on the checking for updates page and never moves. I have tried restarting my computer, changing Wifi, and nothing seems to help. and I have a ton of storage left so that shouldn't be the issue

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 4:53 PM

Hi,

Try booting into Safe Mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support and see if the issue persists there.

2 replies

Apr 5, 2022 2:05 AM in response to Siren0012

Follow advise from previous posting First.

If still experiencing issue >>

There are factors:

1 - Like poor Wifi connection

2 - Slow wifi connection

3 - Too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded

4 - Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download tt perform as expected.

5 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

6 - If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. 

7 - Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

System Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.