Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix Video Black when Screen sharing from Mac

I have literally been doing it this way for almost 5 months now. I'm using the Language Reactor plug to help with my language studies. I was away from home for about 4 days. I come home and suddenly the Netflix video goes black but there is audio when I try to screen mirror to my Samsung TV as a separate display and mirror my laptop. This issue only occurs with Netflix on Chrome. Netflix shows video with Firefox and YouTube video shows on Chrome while screen sharing. I've been looking on the Internet for over an hour, but can't find anything related to this in my search.

I've restarted the laptop and Chrome 3 times. I have a Macbook Air with the M1 processor running on Monterey 12.2.1.  My Chrome browser is up-to-date.

Does anyone else have this issue or know what could possibly be cause things to happen all of a sudden? This is literally the only way I watch Netflix now adays because of my studies.

UNU8000,

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 7:02 AM

This was resolved. I had to turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome.

Similar questions

1 reply

Netflix Video Black when Screen sharing from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.