Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought 200 G of storage but when I look at my iphone storage it doesn't say I have 200. When I click Icloud that's the only thing that says I have more storage but settings notifications keep popping up and saying I have no storage.

How do I fix this or will I ever get my 200 G of storage?

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 10:38 AM

Hi Slayer420L17,

You're conflating the amount of internal storage available on your iPhone (64 GB) with the amount of storage available for data and backups via your iCloud account (200 GB).

Your iPhone's storage capacity is nearly full - this is likely why it cannot process its content categories in the iPhone Storage view. There is no available space to write to the internal storage.

First, you should immediately perform a complete backup of your phone.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Next, you'll need to free up storage on your phone.

Use recommendations to optimize storage

In the Storage section of Settings, your device might offer recommendations for optimizing your storage. Tap Show All to see all the recommendations for your device.

Read the description of each recommendation, then tap Enable to turn it on or tap the recommendation to review the contents you can delete.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Your iCloud account's storage capacity is not an extension of your internal storage. It can be used to store copies of the data on your devices in the cloud.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 10:38 AM in response to Slayer420L17

Hi Slayer420L17,

You're conflating the amount of internal storage available on your iPhone (64 GB) with the amount of storage available for data and backups via your iCloud account (200 GB).

Your iPhone's storage capacity is nearly full - this is likely why it cannot process its content categories in the iPhone Storage view. There is no available space to write to the internal storage.

First, you should immediately perform a complete backup of your phone.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Next, you'll need to free up storage on your phone.

Use recommendations to optimize storage

In the Storage section of Settings, your device might offer recommendations for optimizing your storage. Tap Show All to see all the recommendations for your device.

Read the description of each recommendation, then tap Enable to turn it on or tap the recommendation to review the contents you can delete.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Your iCloud account's storage capacity is not an extension of your internal storage. It can be used to store copies of the data on your devices in the cloud.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Apr 4, 2022 6:34 PM in response to anaya4560

You cannot buy more storage for the phone. It will always have the amount it came with. You have bought space in Apple's synching service, iCloud. Check the link in blue above your name on this page.

To gain more space, you must delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. This video may help...

I bought 200 G of storage but when I look at my iphone storage it doesn't say I have 200. When I click Icloud that's the only thing that says I have more storage but settings notifications keep popping up and saying I have no storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.