Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to tell under Media Types how much space Videos are taking

How much space are videos taking in photos

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 11:36 PM

Are you asking about Photos on your Mac or Photos iOS on an iPhone or iPad?

I am not sure, because the signature below your question is showing "iMac", but you are asking in the forum for iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch).

In Photos for Mac you can see the storage used for Videos if you open the Videos album from the sidebar (in the Media kind section of the sidebar).

• Select the item Videos in the sidebar and open the Info with ⌘i. You will now see the total number of videos and the total size.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 11:36 PM in response to darciefu

Are you asking about Photos on your Mac or Photos iOS on an iPhone or iPad?

I am not sure, because the signature below your question is showing "iMac", but you are asking in the forum for iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch).

In Photos for Mac you can see the storage used for Videos if you open the Videos album from the sidebar (in the Media kind section of the sidebar).

• Select the item Videos in the sidebar and open the Info with ⌘i. You will now see the total number of videos and the total size.

Apr 5, 2022 7:16 AM in response to léonie

Thank you! It IS for a Mac. I didn't get that screen like you show, but after selecting "Videos" I chose the "i" in the circle icon at the upper right of the top of the screen where it say "Media Types" and when I clicked it, it told me I had 818 videos taking 35 GB of space. I plan to buy a thumb drive and download them all and get them off my Photos so I won't run out of Cloud storage. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

How to tell under Media Types how much space Videos are taking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.