Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to name a group chat on Iphone

How do I name a group chat? the old option to name the chat is not showing up. I have the group chat open, we have exchanged messages, when I press the arrow for info there is no option to name or edit a name for the chat. The name given automatically just states 5 People and then there is a list of each of the 5 people. The screen shows a locator map for one group member, a window for shared photos and a few other things. there is no other window to open, just this or Done. I am using an Iphone 8. iOS 15.3.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 1:39 PM

go2seaisle wrote:

How do I name a group chat? the old option to name the chat is not showing up. I have the group chat open, we have exchanged messages, when I press the arrow for info there is no option to name or edit a name for the chat. The name given automatically just states 5 People and then there is a list of each of the 5 people. The screen shows a locator map for one group member, a window for shared photos and a few other things. there is no other window to open, just this or Done. I am using an Iphone 8. iOS 15.3.1

That would mean your in a group MMS and can't be done, only can be done for group imessage all Apple device users.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 1:39 PM in response to go2seaisle

go2seaisle wrote:

That would mean your in a group MMS and can't be done, only can be done for group imessage all Apple device users.

How to name a group chat on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.